In this post we look at a delicious and nutritious Turkey White Bean Soup. It is Number 2 of our Festive Recipes and I hope you try it, it is one of the very best Christmas Soups ever!
Our content is reader-supported. When you buy through links in our posts we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We do not accept money for reviews. Learn More
How Can A Soup Help To Burn Belly Fat?
The answer is that one of the ingredients is a secret weapon against stubborn belly fat. The white bean.
What Is In A White Bean?
In this recipe we suggest you use Cannellini Beans, however you could select others. The vast majority of beans are highly regarded for boosting and aiding weight loss.
In simple terms that means they help stop us absorbing carbohydrates quickly. The inhibitor locks the enzymes responsible for carb digestion.
We know when we are trying to lose weight that cutting carbs is a top priority. Adding beans to your diet will help you lower your carbs effectively.
In fact the Cannellini bean has been used to develop a weight loss supplement with clinical research showing it to be safe and extremely effective.
A research article in the International Journal of Medical Sciences evidences clinical trials that proved extracts from the white bean were responsible for body change, this included a reduction in body mass index, a reduction in body fat, and a maintained lean body mass.
Cannellini beans are very low in calories but they help us to feel full. This makes them perfect for adding to your diet when trying to lose weight.
Pretty powerful stuff for the humble Cannellini!
It is derived from the much loved chicken noodle soups. In this recipe we replace the noodles with cannellini beans. Much healthier and, in my opinion, much tastier!
This is a brilliant recipe for your festive Christmas Day feast or a perfect way to use up leftovers on Boxing Day or later in the week! It is equally as good made with chicken, goose or other poultry.
Turkey White Bean Soup for weight loss.
Turkey And White Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3-4 garlic
- 4 carrot
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp parsley dried
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock organic
- 3 inch parmesan cheese
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey cooked, shredded
- 2 cups spinach
- parsley chipped
- parmesan cheese shavings
- Heat the 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large soup pot using a medium heat. Add the 3-4 garlic, 1 onion, 1 leek, 4 carrot, and 1 jalapeno pepper. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and have developed some color. This will take approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the 2 bay leaves, the 2 tsp parsley, 2 tsp oregano and the ½ tsp cayenne pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until you notice that the herbs have become fragrant.2 Tbsp olive oil, 3-4 garlic, 1 onion, 1 leek, 4 carrot, 1 jalapeno pepper, sea salt, black pepper, 2 bay leaves, 2 tsp parsley, 2 tsp oregano, ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Add 4 cups chicken stock, 3 inch parmesan cheese, 2 cups water, and 2 can cannellini beans to the pot. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a rolling boil. Once it has begun to boil, reduce heat back to medium low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Add the 2 cups turkey and 2 cups spinach to the pot and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. You want the spinach to have wilted, but has not lost its color. Make sure the turkey is heated through. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Serve immediately with some shaved parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!4 cups chicken stock, 3 inch parmesan cheese, 2 cups water, 2 can cannellini beans, 2 cups turkey, 2 cups spinach, parsley, parmesan cheese
Similar Recipes To Turkey White Bean Soup.
Looking for a great festive drink? Try Our wonderful Cinnamon and Cumin Infused Cranberry Spritzer.
Or the ever popular Warm Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp! Enjoy!