This warm garlic and parmesan shrimp is packed with wonderful bold flavors, but the absolute star of the dish is the combination of warm parmesan shrimp and roasted garlic dip.
What Makes This Shrimp Dish Special?
The recipe itself is incredibly easy to prepare! A handful of ingredients and moments of your time and you have a dish worthy of any banquet or formal dinner party. Yet just as good for mid week snack or quick tasty treat!
The dish is very versatile. Follow the recipe guide for a wonderfully delicious dish, or easily customize it to meet your palate by adding a hint of your favorite herbs and spices. Make a double batch of the dip and divide into 3 portions, add chili to one, lemon to another and dill to the final portion for a super simple dip platter! Adding your favorite herb to the dip creates a variety of flavor sensations!
Absolutely wonderful with some dill or parsley. An easy way to create a variety and introduce family and friends to new flavors!
If you are vegetarian or don’t like shrimp you can serve the garlic dip with a fresh vegetable or cheeseboard.
It is equally delicious paired with a chargrilled vegetable platter, or as a tasty sandwich spread.
Try it stirred into a homemade vegetable or tomato soup. You can even use it to replace the milk in your mashed potatoes. It is guaranteed to give that extra pop of flavor.
Warm Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp Recipe.
Get ready for the festive celebrations with this wonderful garlic and parmesan shrimp dish. A fabulous starter, a side dish for the main or served as party nibbles! Guaranteed to be enjoyed by all!
Our warm garlic and parmesan shrimp is jam packed full of fabulous flavors, but the shining star of this dish is the whole bulb roasted garlic dip. And surprising as it may seem, this dish is low fat, low calorie and full of healthy nutrition.
There are many ways to mix this dip recipe up, serve it with fresh crisp vegetables or have it as a tangy sandwich spread. Equally as good when stirred into a soup or as a replacement for milk in your mashed potatoes.
This Warm Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp is guaranteed to give your guests an extra boost of festive flavored fun!
For The Dip
- 1 large garlic head
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
Optional for Dip
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
For The Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Parsley, very finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
To Prepare The Dip
- To make the roasted garlic dip, slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, at the end where the stalk was. Cut just enough so the cloves are exposed.
- Drizzle the cloves with olive oil.
- Place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender.
- Remove from oven and set aside and allow it to cool slightly.
- While the garlic is cooling, prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning.
To Prepare The Garlic & Parmesan Shrimp
- Combine the Olive Oil, minced Garlic, Dijon Mustard, ground Cumin, and grated Parmesan Cheese in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp just begin to firm and turn pink. Do not overcook.
- While the shrimp is roasting, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor.
- Add the Sour Cream, Greek Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Ground Cumin, and Cayenne Pepper, if using, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- When just cool enough to handle, toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with the creamy roasted garlic dip. Delicious!
Equally delicious served as finger food, or with fresh crisp vegetables.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn from any qualifying purchases made. This helps us to maintain Healthy Natured and keep adding new content. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 16gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 254mgSodium 1383mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 30g
The nutritional figures given are a guide only. Variations in products and measures can occur for a number of reasons.
Recipe Pairing For Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp.
Check out our other great recipes to compliment your warm garlic and parmesan shrimp dish. Team them together to create a beautiful dinner party, or family comfort food feast!