Our Vietnamese Sesame Beef Recipe is a healthy adaptation of the classic. It is easy to prepare and totally delicious. What may come as surprise is that this dish is an excellent choice for those following a high protein weight loss diet. Huge flavor and low calories.
This is one of the most popular recipes in the Belly Fat Burning Foods Guide. For very good reason! A fabulous Vietnamese Recipe now made healthy.
Delicious steak, rich in protein, smothered with home prepared “taste of the orient” flavors. You’ll love this easy, nutritious and healthy dish.
Our content is reader-supported. When you buy through links in our posts we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We do not accept money for reviews. Learn More
The Belly Fat Burning Foods – Vietnamese Sesame Beef Recipe.
Vietnamese Sesame Beef
- 1 shallot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 brown onion sliced
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
For The Marinade
- 2 tsp ginger root fresh, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- Combine 2 tsp ginger root, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a bowl and stir well.2 tsp ginger root, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Slice 450 g flank steak into half inch pieces. Add the beef to the ginger mixture made earlier. Stir so that the meat is coated evenly.450 g flank steak
- Allow the beef to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or preferably 1 to 2 hours.
- Slice 1 shallot in thin slices. Prepare 1 red pepper as julienne strips after halving and removing the seeds and white core. Slice the 1 brown onion into half rounds.1 shallot, 1 red pepper, 1 brown onion
- Remove the beef slices from the ginger marinade and place into another clean bowl. Add 1/4 cup sesame seeds to the beef and stir to coat the beef evenly.1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Heat a large, heavy frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot add the onion, shallot and red pepper. Fry until aromatic and translucent.
- Turn up the heat and stir fry the beef in small batches. If you overcrowd the pan the meat will stew not brown. Turn the beef constantly until browned and caramelized on both sides. Don't over cook the the meat or it will be tough, as soon as its almost cooked through remove.
- Once cooked turn off the heat and plate immediately. Serve with a salad
- Optional – slice a hot green chili and soak in 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. This can be used as a spicy condiment.