One of the tastiest of the belly fat burning foods is this fusion Sichuan Ramen Noodles Recipe with Tofu and Cabbage. The wonderful kick in this dish is the spice that hails from China. Found in the Sichuan province, famous for spicy food, comes the namesake pepper.
Get ready to make losing weight deliciously spicy. This recipe is a true fusion of various flavors, combined to create a taste sensation. However the Star of the dish must be the Sichuan Pepper Corns.
Our content is reader-supported. When you buy through links in our posts we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We do not accept money for reviews. Learn More
What Is Sichuan Pepper?
Sichuan pepper comes from the seed husks of a plant that is native to the Sichuan Region of China. They are found on two species of the Prickly Ash shrub (Zanthoxylum), a member of the citrus family, and recognizable due to their pink-red coloration. The colorful seed husk is the only part of the “peppercorn” used for Sichuan pepper. The inner part of the seed is discarded as it is unpalatable.
Once husked it is then used whole or ground to make Sichuan pepper powder. Most commonly it is found as an ingredient in Chinese savory and hot chili dishes. It is also one of the ingredients in 5 spice powder. Its popularity is more due to the sensation it causes to the mouth when eaten, rather than for the flavor! The initial taste is bitter, which is followed with by a spicy heat causing numbness and then finishes with a burst of citrus. Other than this amazing taste sensation, the Sichuan Peppers main claim to fame is for the numbing sensation it causes when eaten.
This dish has nutty-tones from Tahini which helps to balance the super spicy chili paste. Combine this with marinated Ramen noodles, crisp sweet cabbage and soft salty tofu and the dish comes to life. Then prepare yourself and allow the flavor to go supersonic when the ground Sichuan Peppercorns are added to the mix! Get ready to enjoy true flavor! Beating belly fat never tasted so good!
The Belly Fat Burning Foods – Sichuan Ramen Noodles Soup With Tofu and Cabbage.
Sichuan Ramen Noodles
- 1 ½ cups rice ramen noodles cooked
- 3 cups water hot
- 4 spring onions
- 6 tsp sichuan chili-bean sauce Doubanjiang
- 6 tsp Tahini
- 1 ½ tsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 ½ tsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 ½ tsp brown sugar packed
- ¾ tsp black vinegar or smoked vinegar
- 3 cups napa cabbage
- 9 oz. tofu extra-firm, ½-inch cubes
- ¾ tsp Sichuan pepper ground
- 1 ½ tsp sesame seeds toasted
- This job becomes much easier if everything is prepared in advance. Add all ingredients, 4 spring onions, 6 tsp sichuan chili-bean sauce, 6 tsp Tahini, 1 1/2 tsp vegetable bouillon, 1 1/2 tsp Chinese rice wine, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 3/4 tsp black vinegar, 3 cups napa cabbage, 9 oz. tofu, 3/4 tsp Sichuan pepper, 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds apart from the noodles and 3 cups of hot water, to a large airtight container. Cover and seal with a lid and place the container into the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days.
- When you are satisfied it is ready, it is time to eat! Cook your 1 1/2 cups rice ramen noodles (following pack guidelines). Once cooked rinse the noodles in fresh water and allow to drain fully while you prepare the soup.
- Add the 3 cups water to a saucepan over a medium heat. Remove your base mix of ingredients and shake or stir, then add them to the water in the saucepan. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes and add the noodles and cook for 60 seconds. Stir the mixture well, and ladle into soup bowls. Let this stand for a few minutes and garnish with fresh sliced spring onions before eating.
Enjoy the Sichuan Ramen Noodles Recipe!
Try some of our other healthy weight loss and belly fat busting recipes. You may be amazed how good weight loss foods can be!