If you’re looking for natural ways to support your health and wellbeing, you may want to consider essential oil blends. These natural blends can be used for various purposes, such as relaxation, stress relief, and aromatherapy. In this article, we’ll delve deeper into what essential oil blends are and the benefits they offer.
Our content is reader-supported. When you buy through links in our posts we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. We do not accept money for reviews. Learn More
What are essential oil blends?
Essential oil blends are a mixture of different essential oils that are combined to create a specific scent and/or therapeutic effect. These oils are extracted from plants using various methods, such as steam distillation, cold pressing, and solvent extraction. For use in diffusers simply use the combined blend. However when using blends topically for massage, or rubbing onto pressure points, ensure you always dilute the essentials into a base, often called a carrier oil. Of course you can also purchase premixed and blended oils that have been carefully selected for their properties and aromatherapy benefits.
Benefits of essential oil blends
One of the primary benefits of essential oil blends is their ability to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Many blends contain oils with calming properties, such as lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang. Applying these oils to your skin or inhaling their scent can has been shown to reduce anxiety and promote a sense of calm.
Essential oil blends can also be used for other purposes, such as improving sleep, boosting mood, and reducing inflammation. For example, blends containing peppermint oil are shown to relieve headaches and tension, while blends with ginger oil can aid in digestion and relieve nausea.
It’s important to note that essential oils are powerful and should always be used with caution. While many websites say that they can be taken orally for health, we advise you never do this unless it is done under the under the guidance of a healthcare professional. Likewise if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or concerns, speak with your doctor before using essential oil blends.
Our essential oil blends offer a natural way to support your health and wellbeing. With the right blend, you can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of these oils and experience a greater sense of relaxation and calm, a more energized and uplifted spirit or use them medically to treat infections, bites and bruises. Below you will find what we believe to be the seven best essential oil blends.
1. Lavender and Peppermint Blend
If you’re looking for a powerful essential oil blend to help soothe headaches and promote relaxation, consider the combination of lavender and peppermint. Lavender essential oil is considered to have several health benefits, and studies continue to find additional uses. One of the most well known benefits of lavender is its usefulness to help manage anxiety and promote better sleep.
Studies have shown that using lavender essential oil on wounds can help speed up the healing process while improving the elasticity of the skin. The oil is also rich in medicinal properties such as antimicrobial activity, anti-inflammatory effects, and antioxidants. Overall, utilizing lavender essential oil as a herbal product can have numerous benefits. 
The cooling and refreshing scent of peppermint oil is known to alleviate headaches and migraines. Applying it to the temples or inhaling it can help reduce pain and discomfort. The analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of peppermint provides relief from muscle and joint pain. Massaging the oil onto the affected area can help soothe sore muscles and reduce inflammation.
Here are some of the benefits of this blend:
Benefits of Lavender and Peppermint Blend
- Lavender oil is known for its calming and soothing properties. It can help promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, and even improve sleep quality.
- Peppermint oil has a cooling and refreshing effect on the body and can help relieve headaches, muscle pain, and tension. It can also improve focus and clarity.
- When combined, lavender and peppermint oils create a powerful blend that can help alleviate headaches and promote a sense of calm and relaxation.
Ways to Use Lavender and Peppermint Blend
- Add a few drops of both oils to a diffuser and inhale the scent to help reduce stress, alleviate headaches, and promote relaxation.
- Dilute the blend with a carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil, and apply to the temples, neck, or chest to help soothe headaches and tension.
- Apply the diluted blend to the soles of the feet before bed to promote relaxation and improve sleep quality.
Remember that even though they are natural, these oils can be strong and may have interactions with specific medications or medical conditions. When used carefully and appropriately, a combination of lavender and peppermint can provide a natural method to promote your overall health and wellness.
2. Lemon and Eucalyptus Blend
Lemon and eucalyptus essential oils are popular for their refreshing and invigorating properties. When combined, they create a powerful blend that can offer numerous benefits for your health and wellbeing. Here’s what you need to know about this essential oil blend.
Benefits of Lemon and Eucalyptus Blend
- Lemon oil is rich in antioxidants and can help boost your immune system. It can also improve digestion, reduce inflammation, and promote mental clarity and focus.
- Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can help relieve respiratory issues and boost your immune system. It can also improve mental clarity and soothe sore muscles and joints.
- Combining lemon and eucalyptus oils can help promote respiratory health, boost immunity, improve mental clarity, and soothe muscles and joints.
Ways to Use Lemon and Eucalyptus Blend
- Add a 10 drops of lemon and 4 drops of eucalyptus to a diffuser to freshen the air and promote mental clarity.
- Dilute the blend with a carrier oil and apply to the chest and throat to soothe congestion and promote respiratory health.
- Add a blend of half lemon and half eucalyptus to a warm bath to soothe sore muscles and joints.
3. Rose and Sandalwood Blend
If you’re looking for an essential oil blend that can promote relaxation, balance, and soothe your senses, you may want to try rose and sandalwood. This blend combines two well-loved scents that have numerous benefits for your mental and physical health.
Rose essential oil is a powerhouse of healing properties. From aiding in skin regeneration to creating a protective barrier on the skin to protect your body from microbes, the benefits of using rose essential oil are countless. Inhaling rose essential oil can help lower stress hormone levels and treat anxiety and depression.
It’s also an excellent choice for those looking to refresh and nourish their skin due to its blend of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and antiseptic properties. Whether you decide to use it for aromatherapy or in beauty products, the benefits of rose essential oil are truly magical. 
Benefits of Rose and Sandalwood Blend
- Rose oil is known for its calming and uplifting properties. It can help reduce stress and anxiety, promote a positive mood, and enhance skin health.
- Sandalwood oil has a grounding and centering effect that can help alleviate tension, improve focus and memory, and support immune function.
- Together, rose and sandalwood can help balance emotions, reduce stress, improve mental clarity, and enhance skin health.
Ways to Use Rose and Sandalwood Blend
- Add a few drops of both oils to a diffuser to create a secure, calm and relaxed atmosphere.
- Dilute the blend with a carrier oil and apply to the skin to promote healthy and glowing complexion.
- Add a few drops of the blend to a warm bath to create a relaxing and rejuvenating soak.
- Mist your body with a blend of 6 drops rose and 3 sandalwood to 50ml of water and spray for a protective health barrier.
Always follow the recommended dosage and if you’re pregnant, nursing, or have a medical condition, consult with a qualified aromatherapist or healthcare provider before using essential oils.
4. Frankincense and Orange Blend
If you want to experience a blend of essential oils that can promote calmness, focus, and a sense of well-being, you might want to try frankincense and orange. This unique combination of scents has multiple benefits for your physical and mental health.
Benefits of frankincense and orange blend
Frankincense oil has been used for centuries for its medicinal and spiritual properties. It is known for its:
- calming and grounding effect, which can help reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, and promote overall relaxation.
- antimicrobial properties, making it useful in protecting against bacteria and viruses. It can also help prevent infections in wounds.
- anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce swelling, pain, and inflammation associated with various conditions like arthritis.
- nourishing properties, it is able to rejuvenate the skin cells and helps reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and fine lines.
- help relieving symptoms of respiratory issues such as asthma, bronchitis, and congestion.
Orange essential oil has a refreshing and uplifting scent. It offers several benefits, including:
- revitalizing and uplifting mood, promoting feelings of happiness and reducing stress and anxiety.
- helping to support healthy digestion by stimulating the production of digestive enzymes and promoting regular bowel movements. It can also help alleviate symptoms of indigestion and bloating.
- antimicrobial properties, which may help support the immune system and protect against infections.
- usefulness for skincare due to its ability to promote clear, healthy skin. It can help reduce the appearance of blemishes, acne scars, and wrinkles.
- mood-boosting effects and may help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- enhance focus and concentration, making it useful for tasks that require mental clarity and productivity.
Together, frankincense and orange essential oil blends can help soothe the mind, enhance focus and concentration, and support overall well-being. When used in aromatherapy this blend can uplift the mood and promote a sense of peace and relaxation.
Ways to use frankincense and orange Essential Oil blends
- Add a few drops of the blend to a diffuser or aromatherapy diffuser jewelry to fill the space with their uplifting and calming aroma. This can help create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere..
- Dilute the blend in a carrier oil (such as coconut oil or jojoba oil) and use it for a massage. This can promote relaxation, reduce stress, and provide a soothing experience for both the mind and body.
- Dilute the blend in a carrier oil and apply it topically to areas of concern, such as for skin health or to aid in respiratory support. Conduct a patch test and start with a low concentration to ensure no skin irritation occurs.
- Add a few drops of the blend to your bathwater for a relaxing and aromatic bath experience. This can help promote relaxation, uplift the mood, and soothe the senses.
- Put a couple of drops of the blend onto a tissue or cotton ball and inhale deeply. This method can be beneficial for quick stress relief, promoting mental clarity, or boosting mood.
5. Bergamot and Ylang Ylang Blend
If you’re looking for an essential oil blend that can promote relaxation and stress relief, you might want to try bergamot and ylang ylang. This unique combination of scents has multiple benefits for your physical and mental health.
Benefits of Bergamot and Ylang Ylang Blend
Bergamot oil is known for its beneficial properties, including:
- uplifting and mood-enhancing properties. It can help alleviate symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression, promoting a sense of calm and relaxation.
- helping to reduce physiological responses to stress, such as lowering heart rate and blood pressure. It can be effective in inducing feelings of relaxation and reducing stress levels.
- cleanse and purify the skin, reduce the appearance of blemishes, and promote a clear complexion.
- antimicrobial properties that can help fight against certain strains of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. It is sometimes used as an ingredient in natural cleaning products or air fresheners to help purify the environment.
- antimicrobial effects that can help combat oral bacteria and promote oral health. It may be used as a natural ingredient in mouthwashes or toothpaste.
Ylang ylang oil has a sweet, floral scent and properties that support and benefit our health, such as:
- enhancing romantic and sensual experiences. It may help increase libido and improve sexual performance when used in aromatherapy or massage.
- uplifting and calming properties. It can help reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression while promoting relaxation and improving mood.
- nourishing and strengthening hair, stimulating hair growth, and preventing scalp issues.
- helping to lower blood pressure and heart rate, making it useful for managing hypertension and promoting cardiovascular health.
- inducing a sense of relaxation and improve sleep quality.
Ways to use Bergamot and Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Blends
- Blend ylang ylang and bergamot essential oils with a carrier oil, such as fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil, to create a personalized and all-natural perfume. Apply it to your pulse points for a beautiful scent that also offers mood-enhancing benefits.
- Combine the blend with distilled water in a spray bottle to create an aromatic mist. Use it as a room spray or a linen spray to freshen the air and create a calming ambiance.
- Add a few drops of the blend to a diffuser to infuse your living space with a pleasant and uplifting aroma. This can help enhance your mood, reduce stress, and create a calming atmosphere.
- Add a few drops of the blend to your bathwater for a luxurious and aromatic bathing experience. The blend can help relax your muscles, calm your mind, and promote a sense of well-being.
6. Patchouli and Clary Sage Blend
If you’re looking for essential oil blends that can bring balance to your mind and body, you might want to try the patchouli and clary sage blend. This unique combination of scents has multiple benefits for your physical and mental health.
Benefits of Patchouli and Clary Sage Blend
Clary Sage Essential Oil is a go-to choice for many who seek relaxation, clarity, and calmness. This essential oil is popularly used in aromatherapy applications, as it has sedative abilities that can alleviate dizziness, anxiety, and irritability. It is also known for its benefits in relieving menstrual discomfort and digestive issues. 
Clary sage has a long list of benefits, including being anti-inflammatory, astringent, bactericidal, and warming. It is believed to have medicinal properties that make it an excellent carminative, hypotensive, and analgesic agent. The essential oil can also work wonders in reducing stress levels, making it an ideal choice for aromatherapy use.
Patchouli essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy for its calming properties. Its earthy, musky aroma can help promote relaxation, reduce anxiety, and relieve stress. It helps uplift the mood and even help alleviate symptoms of depression and can help create a sense of grounding and balance, promoting emotional well-being.
Patchouli has a long history of being used as an aphrodisiac. Its rich and captivating scent can help enhance sensuality and intimacy. It is also often used in meditation or spiritual practices due to its grounding and centering properties. Its aroma can help create a calm and focused atmosphere.
Ways to use Patchouli and Clary Sage Blend
- Combine patchouli and clary sage oils with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or fractionated coconut oil, to create a customized and natural perfume. Apply it to your pulse points for a unique scent that can provide relaxation and emotional balance throughout the day.
- Blend the oils with distilled water in a spray bottle to create a calming and soothing room or linen spray. This can help create a relaxing atmosphere, eliminate odors, and promote restful sleep.
- Add a few drops of the blend to a diffuser to create a calming and grounding atmosphere. This can be especially beneficial for promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and enhancing focus during meditation or relaxation practices.
- Dilute the blend in a carrier oil, such as almond oil or coconut oil, and use it for a soothing and therapeutic massage. This can help relax the muscles, promote a sense of well-being, and reduce tension.
- Add a few drops of the blend to your bathwater for a luxurious and aromatic bathing experience. The calming and comforting properties of the blend can enhance relaxation and promote a sense of tranquility.
7. Tea Tree and Lavender Blend
If you want to experience the benefits of essential oil blends, you might want to try tea tree and lavender. This combination offers a range of benefits for your physical and mental health.
Benefits of tea tree and lavender blend
Tea tree essential oil, also known as melaleuca oil, offers several potential benefits due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. Some of the main benefits of tea tree oil include:
- treating various skin issues. It can help reduce acne and blemishes, thanks to its antibacterial properties that can help fight acne-causing bacteria. Additionally, tea tree oil may offer relief for other skin conditions like fungal infections, eczema, psoriasis, and dandruff.
- effective antimicrobial activity against a wide range of pathogens, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It can be used as a natural disinfectant for cleaning purposes or to help prevent and treat minor cuts, wounds, and infections.
- insect-repellent properties. It may help repel mosquitoes, ticks, and other bugs, making it a potential natural alternative to chemical-laden insect repellents.
- promoting healthy nails. It has antifungal properties that may help treat and prevent fungal infections, such as nail fungus.
- helping to alleviate dandruff, dry scalp, and itchiness. It can help maintain a healthy scalp and promote shiny, lustrous hair.
- supporting respiratory issues like congestion, sinusitis, or throat infections. Its aroma can help open up airways and provide a feeling of relief.
Lavender oil has a calming effect and can help with anxiety, stress, and insomnia. It offers several benefits for our wellbeing and health, including:
- promoting relaxation and reducing stress. It can help calm the mind, relieve anxiety, and improve sleep quality.
- supporting healthy sleep patterns. Its calming aroma can help induce a state of relaxation and promote a restful night’s sleep.
- soothing and nourishing the skin. Lavender oil reduces redness and inflammation, and promotes a clear complexion. It also helps treat minor skin irritations, such as bug bites or burns.
- analgesic properties that may help alleviate minor pain and discomfort. It can be used topically to soothe sore muscles, headaches, or menstrual cramps.
- alleviating respiratory issues such as congestion, cough, or sinusitis. Its scent has a calming effect on the respiratory system.
- mood-enhancing qualities. It can help improve mood, reduce feelings of irritability and restlessness, and promote a sense of well-being
Ways to use tea tree and lavender blend
- Create a homemade hand sanitizer by combining the blend with aloe vera gel and a small amount of rubbing alcohol (optional). Carry the mixture in a small travel-sized bottle for easy use on-the-go.
- Mix the blend with distilled water in a spray bottle to create a natural antimicrobial and fresh-scented cleaning spray. Use it to clean and disinfect surfaces throughout your home.
- Blend lavender and tea tree oils with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or grapeseed oil, and use it as a natural insect repellent. Apply it to exposed skin to help keep mosquitoes, ticks, and other bugs away.
- Dilute the blend in a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or almond oil, and apply it to the skin. This can be beneficial for addressing skin concerns like acne, blemishes, or minor skin irritations. However, it’s important to perform a patch test before applying it to a larger area and monitor for any adverse reactions, as tea tree oil can cause skin irritation.
- Add a few drops of the blend to a diffuser to create a calming and purifying atmosphere in your living space. This can help promote relaxation, reduce stress, and freshen the air.
Incorporating essential oil blends into your home remedies or wellness routine can offer a range of benefits for your physical and mental health. And if you’re looking for a blend to try, the tea tree and lavender blend is a great option.
Choosing the right blend for you
There are many different essential oil blends out there, each offering their own unique benefits. When choosing a blend, think about your specific health needs and goals. For example, if you struggle with anxiety, you might want to try a blend that includes lavender and chamomile. If you’re looking for support for your immune system, you might want to try a blend that includes eucalyptus and peppermint.
Tips for safe and effective use of essential oil blends
When using essential oils, it’s important to follow proper usage and dilution guidelines to ensure safe and effective use. Some tips to keep in mind include always diluting essential oils with a carrier oil, never ingesting essential oils, and avoiding using essential oils around pets or young children.
Incorporating essential oil blends into your wellness routine can offer a range of benefits, so why not give it a try? Just remember to choose the right aromatherapy blend for you and follow safe usage guidelines.
- Kajjari, Shweta et al. “The Effects of Lavender Essential Oil and its Clinical Implications in Dentistry: A Review.” International journal of clinical pediatric dentistry vol. 15,3 (2022): 385-388. doi:10.5005/jp-journals-10005-2378
- Dany P. Baby, MD, Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil, WebMD
- Mohebitabar, Safieh et al. “Therapeutic efficacy of rose oil: A comprehensive review of clinical evidence.” Avicenna journal of phytomedicine vol. 7,3 (2017): 206-213.
- Conrad, Pam, and Cindy Adams. “The effects of clinical aromatherapy for anxiety and depression in the high risk postpartum woman – a pilot study.” Complementary therapies in clinical practice vol. 18,3 (2012): 164-8. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2012.05.002
- Lee, Kyung-Bok et al. “Changes in 5-hydroxytryptamine and cortisol plasma levels in menopausal women after inhalation of clary sage oil.” Phytotherapy research : PTR vol. 28,11 (2014): 1599-605. doi:10.1002/ptr.5163
- Sienkiewicz, Monika et al. “The effect of clary sage oil on staphylococci responsible for wound infections.” Postepy dermatologii i alergologii vol. 32,1 (2015): 21-6. doi:10.5114/pdia.2014.40957