Every year more and more people are being diagnosed with hypertension and related health disorders. In this post discover the best 10 natural high blood pressure remedies. An amazing “Get Well Guide”.
- The 10 Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
- Number 1 – Healthy Heart Ginger and Cardamom Tea.
- Number 2 – Eat Heart Healthy!
- Number 3 – Exercise Is One Of The Best Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
- Number 4 – Stress Less Through Meditation Or Yoga.
- Number 5 – Lower Blood Pressure With Apple Cider Tonic!
- Number 6 – Find A Fish Oil Supplement.
- Number 7 – Blood Pressure Lowers With Blueberry Syrup.
- Number 8 – Eat High-Protein Foods – Prevention Not Cure.
- Number 9 – Heavenly Hawthorn For Heart Health.
- Number 10 – Medicinal Herbs- Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
What many people don’t realise is that there are natural ways to lower blood pressure. They are safe, effective and complementary for those of you already using pharmaceuticals.
So what is included in these remedies!
- Discover the must include foods to add to your diet!
- Learn which herbs will aid in lowering blood pressure
- Get three gorgeous, and healing, herbal recipes,
The 10 Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
- Ginger and Cardamom Tea;
- Heart Health Foods and Diet;
- Moderate Daily Exercise;
- Yoga and Meditation;
- Apple Cider Tonic;
- Fish Oil Supplements;
- Blueberry Flavonoid Quercetin;
- Lean Protein;
- Hawthorn flavonoid;
- Herbal Supplements.
Number 1 – Healthy Heart Ginger and Cardamom Tea.
Research carried out published in the Indian Journal of Biochemistry & Biophysics1Blood pressure lowering, fibrinolysis enhancing and antioxidant activities of cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) in December of 2009 focused on Cardamom as a key ingredient for the treatment of high blood pressure.
In this study a group of participants, who had recently been diagnosed with Stage 1 hypertension, were given 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder each day for several weeks.
Results showed a significantly decreased systolic, diastolic and mean blood pressure after 12 weeks.
Their antioxidant status was also significantly increased by 90% at the end of the three month study.
Further research is ongoing to identify exactly what is in cardamom that helps. Even though we may not know what part of the cardamom causes these results, it doesn’t really matter! What matters is the evidence of it significantly reducing blood pressure!
Cardamom has proven itself, through scientific study, to be one of the most effective natural remedies for high blood pressure.
The following is a recipe for Cardamom Tea. The addition of ginger and cinnamon boosts the health giving properties as both spices are known to improve circulation.
These three spices create one holistic herbal tea that helps get your heart healthy.
Number 2 – Eat Heart Healthy!
While it may sound like goodl advice to live life by, the fact is, eating healthy foods is one of the most important lifestyle changes you can make.
If you are serious about reducing your high blood pressure eating fresh natural products is key. Good healthy foods can prevent hypertension as well as being an excellent natural way to lower blood pressure.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute2Healthy Lifestyle Changes – If you have high blood pressure, your provider may recommend that you adopt a heart-healthy lifestyle to help lower and control high blood pressure. Choose heart-healthy foods such as those in the DASH eating plan. NHLBI-funded research has shown that DASH combined with a low-salt eating plan can be as effective as medicines in lowering high blood pressure. Living With the DASH Eating Plan and Tips to Reduce Salt and Sodium offer more information. promotes a diet that is rich and filled with fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and low fat or fat free dairy products. Daily diet should also be complimented with whole grains, beans, pulses, chicken and fish.
It also makes sense that if we add healthy produce to our diet, we limit those foods which cause damage. This means cutting out sodium, processed sweets and sugars, sugary beverages and fatty red meats.
Number 3 – Exercise Is One Of The Best Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
Adding daily physical exercise is one of the easiest of the natural remedies for high blood pressure.
Healthy exercise is classed as 30 to 60 minutes of physical activity. Each day. Each day of the week.
The Mayo Clinic3Exercise: A drug-free approach to lowering high blood pressure states that through the addition of daily exercise you can lower your blood pressure by anywhere between 4-9 “millimeters of mercury” (mmHg) .
You don’t need to run marathons, or even jog around the block, simply by going for a walk or taking part in light strength training you can help reduce high blood pressure.
Number 4 – Stress Less Through Meditation Or Yoga.
Mindfulness and meditation has long been used, around the world and in almost all cultures, as a technique to reduce stress and improve mental well being.
In a Massachusetts university studies showed more than 19,000 people were able to improve mental health and lower stress by participating in a meditation and mindfulness program.
Yoga involves learning specific breathe control, physical body posture and meditation techniques. Similar to mindfulness, Yoga is proven to be equally as effective in reducing stress and therefore blood pressure.
Research studies4Effectiveness of Yoga for Hypertension: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the relationship between yoga and blood pressure, found on average participants blood pressure decreased by 3.62-4.17 mmHg.
Number 5 – Lower Blood Pressure With Apple Cider Tonic!
This is a truly wonderful tonic and definitely worthy of being in the top natural remedies for high blood pressure.
So how do these ingredients help lower blood pressure and help keep our body healthy?
The lemon contains flavonoids, vitamin C and dietary fiber. All 3 of these have been proven to lower cholesterol.
Consumption of raw garlic is known to lower triglycerides, glucose and cholesterol levels.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful natural health booster. ACV, as commonly referred to, helps by lowering your total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
It is well known to be an excellent home remedy for many other ailments such as heartburn or acid reflux, gout, respiratory infections, and many others.
Honey has been proven to protect arteries against cholesterol build up.
In patients suffering from diabetes, hypothyroidism and nephrotic syndrome (even alcoholism) the addition of ginger was shown to lower levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
So here is the recipe for our Apple Cider Tonic. To really gain the benefits and allow the tonic to be effective you need to take small amounts regularly throughout the day. At a minimum you should take before every meal.
It is a potent mix so if the taste makes it unpalatable you can dilute it in a half glass of water to drink it.
Number 6 – Find A Fish Oil Supplement.
To really help with high blood pressure you should start taking a fish oil supplement (recommended is 1,000-2,000 mg daily)
A major cause of high blood pressure is inflammation of the arteries over a prolonged period of time.
Many clinical studies have shown the consumption of fish oil reduces inflammation in the body. This is attributed to high levels of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
By taking high quality fish oil supplements every day with meals is one of the best natural high blood pressure remedies.
Number 7 – Blood Pressure Lowers With Blueberry Syrup.
Syrups are one of the very best ways to incorporate the health giving benefits of herbs and spices into our diet. They are also amazingly tasty!
I know that syrup usually means super sweet and sickeningly heavy, which definitely isn’t what we want, this Blueberry syrup is the opposite. Light, healthy and nutritious.
Commercial store bought syrups are to be avoided. This home made syrup it is an incredibly delicious and healthy way to give yourself a natural heart health boost.
It’s also fair to say that many natural home remedies are often too tart and hard to swallow. So this is a great way to get a sweet treat!
Blueberries are loaded with the flavonoid quercetin. Quercetin is incredible for treating inflammatory illnesses such as “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), high cholesterol, heart disease and circulation problems.
To make this extra heart healthy add a handful of elderberries.
Number 8 – Eat High-Protein Foods – Prevention Not Cure.
Long term studies5Diets higher in protein predict lower high blood pressure risk in Framingham Offspring Study adults concluding in 2015 found that those of us who eat more protein have a lower risk of developing high blood pressure.
By eating 100 grams of protein, on average each day, you have a 40 percent lower risk of developing high blood pressure.
That’s pretty easy right! It’s very easy to consume 100 grams of good proteins each day. Here’s a checklist of good high protein foods:
High Protein Ingredient Suggestions
- Salmon – 3 ounces gives 22 grams;
- Tuna, canned in water – 1 cup gives 39 grams
- 3 ounces of chicken breast = 27 grams
- 1 egg = 6 grams
- 3 ounces of lean beef = 22 grams
Beans and Legumes
- Kidney beans, 1/2 cup cooked = 7.6 grams;
- Lentils, 1/2 cup cooked = 9 grams
- Chickpeas 1/2 cup cooked = 7.3 grams
- Almonds, 100 grams equals 21 grams protein;
- Pistachio, 100 grams gives 20 grams protein;
- Peanut butter, 2 tablespoons = 8 grams
- 1 ounce of cheddar = 6.5 grams
Number 9 – Heavenly Hawthorn For Heart Health.
Hawthorn is an amazing herb and incredibly rich in:
- oligomeric procyandins (OPC’s)
Flavonoids are often reported as having dozens of health benefits. It is the positive affects on the many various forms of heart disease that dominate clinical studies.
Research6The Effects of Flavonoids in Cardiovascular Diseases has shown flavonoids to have good impact upon:
- improving the function of capillaries,
- regulation of glucose metabolism,
- reducing arterial blood pressure and,
- reducing risk of hypertension.
This is reported to be due to flavonoids helping to widen the blood vessels, which ultimately reduces the pressure of the blood.
While most natural remedies recommend hawthorn in the form of a tea, which I recommend also, the following recipe gives you a delicious snack based treat of heavenly hawthorn balls.
These balls have the added benefit of having cinnamon and ginger as ingredients. Both of which are great for helping circulation. One of the best natural high blood pressure remedies.
Number 10 – Medicinal Herbs- Natural High Blood Pressure Remedies.
In many cultures, some for centuries, medicinal herbs have been the standard practice for treating a variety of ailments.
The herbs listed below have been shown, through research7Role of natural herbs in the treatment of hypertension to lower blood pressure.
If you are taking any form of prescription medication always check with your healthcare provider or pharmacist before taking herbal supplements. Herbal supplements are safe but there is a possibility some might interfere with medications. Be safe not sorry!healthynatured.com
These herbs have shown to be awesome in their effects to lowering blood pressure.
Lower Blood Pressure With The Following Herbal Remedies For Heart Health
- black bean (Castanospermum australe)
- cat’s claw (Uncaria rhynchophylla)
- celery juice (Apium graveolens)
- Chinese hawthorn (Crataegus pinnatifida)
- coffee weed (Cassia occidentalis)
- ginger root
- giant dodder (Cuscuta reflexa)
- Indian plantago (blond psyllium)
- maritime pine bark (Pinus pinaster)
- river lily (Crinum glaucum)
- roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
- sesame oil (Sesamum indicum)
- tomato extract (Lycopersicon esculentum)
- tea (Camellia sinensis), especially green tea and oolong tea
- umbrella tree bark (Musanga cecropioides)
So there you have it. 10 tips, and many natural remedies for high blood pressure! Please do let me know which you try and how you find the results!
Do you know of any other remedies that should be shared? Please let us know by leaving a comment below.
Enjoyed This Post? Try Our Monthly Members Only Offers!
Posts, Recipes, Updates and Giveaways - 100% Free
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
- 1Blood pressure lowering, fibrinolysis enhancing and antioxidant activities of cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum)
- 2Healthy Lifestyle Changes – If you have high blood pressure, your provider may recommend that you adopt a heart-healthy lifestyle to help lower and control high blood pressure. Choose heart-healthy foods such as those in the DASH eating plan. NHLBI-funded research has shown that DASH combined with a low-salt eating plan can be as effective as medicines in lowering high blood pressure. Living With the DASH Eating Plan and Tips to Reduce Salt and Sodium offer more information.
- 3Exercise: A drug-free approach to lowering high blood pressure
- 4Effectiveness of Yoga for Hypertension: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- 5Diets higher in protein predict lower high blood pressure risk in Framingham Offspring Study adults
- 6The Effects of Flavonoids in Cardiovascular Diseases
- 7Role of natural herbs in the treatment of hypertension
Informative article, exactly what I wanted to find.
Glad it helped! Wishing you much good health
This is a very informative post. It is very encouraging for everyone who must deal with high blood pressure.. I love how you give the detail and so many alternatives to solve high blood pressure problem.. Drinking the green tea works well for me and that is a very easy method to do.Thank you and iI will pin it for a guidance.
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to contribute. I agree with you about Green Tea. Delicious, healthy, easy and brilliant for blood pressure.
Wishing you great health