Discover some of the very best herbal infused oils and how they can benefit your health and wellbeing. These range from oils used in food preparation, for body massage and even those that can be used to combat insects.
Herbal infused oils are oils that have been infused with herbs, usually by heating them gently for a period of time. Herbal infused oils can have various health benefits, depending on the herbs used and the method of infusion. Some of the possible health benefits of herbal infused oils are:
– They can moisturize and nourish the skin, especially if they are made with carrier oils that are rich in fatty acids and antioxidants, such as olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil.
– They can have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which can help with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, or wounds. Some herbs that have these properties are chamomile, lavender, calendula, or tea tree.
– They can have relaxing and soothing effects on the mind and body, which can help with stress, anxiety, insomnia, or pain. Some herbs that have these effects are lavender, rosemary, peppermint, or lemon balm.
– They can have stimulating and energizing effects on the metabolism and circulation, which can help with digestion, immunity, or weight loss. Some herbs that have these effects are ginger, rosemary, turmeric, or cinnamon.
To make herbal infused oils at home, you will need a glass jar, a carrier oil of your choice, and dried or fresh herbs of your choice. You can either use a single herb or a combination of herbs for different purposes. Here are the basic steps to make herbal infused oils:
– Fill the jar about half-way with herbs. If you are using fresh herbs, make sure they are dry and chopped finely to avoid mold growth.
– Pour the oil over the herbs until they are completely covered. Leave some space at the top of the jar for expansion.
– Close the jar tightly and label it with the date and the ingredients.
– Place the jar in a sunny spot or a warm place for 2 to 6 weeks. Shake the jar every day to mix the oil and the herbs.
– Strain the oil through a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer into a clean jar. Squeeze out as much oil as possible from the herbs.
– Store the oil in a cool and dark place for up to a year.
You can use herbal infused oils for massage, aromatherapy, skincare, haircare, cooking, or as gifts. Enjoy the health benefits of herbal infused oils!
Get the recipes and methods to produce your own, easily made at home. If you love aromatherapy and essential oils then you will also love this category of herbal infused oils!